View Single Post
      04-19-2015, 03:17 PM   #16
kindofblue
Gone electric
Rep
Drives: i4 40eDrive 3/31/23 & Mach e

Miata or 228i ragtop

Hi all,
Having owned a 2001 Miata since 2003 that we still have, I couldn't agree more, both about the back roads and on the freeways. The interstate is not the road to drive in a Miata, if at all possible.

I've just joined here because I'm looking to buy either a new 228i roadster or a new 2016 Miata. Lately I've been leaning more towards the Beemer. I've never owned a Beemer car, only their GS motorcycles. I stopped riding last July after a hit and run crash on the freeway resulted in the GS catching fire and me along with it. Five weeks later I got out of the burn unit and will not be returning to riding. Hence looking for an exciting alternative.

If we do choose the 228i we will definitely take delivery of it next summer in Deutschland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeymike View Post
The Miata was great; handled like a slot car and you could do everything at 9/10ths and no one would know! It should (IMO) be in the top 5 on the list.Unfortunately, I always felt nervous on the Interstate part of any trip;even Accords looked huge next to me! Obviously, power was modest, but everything else was great.