07-04-2016, 12:38 PM   #96
Diver
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black '12 135i - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post

As to the manual trans, the article is what it is...one guy's opinion. Your opinion is likely different. The actual manual trans take rate for all 2 production also doesn't matter. We all take home (hopefully) the one which we like best. Neither you nor the author are right nor wrong, neither car is better nor worse. They are just different, available for you to pick and choose to please yourself. If you don't agree the author's opinion now or ongoing, either be open to different points of view and find out why they feel that way......or read someone else!

Well, what you say is true about opinions, although automotive journalists do have a very strong bias in favor of manual transmissions for whatever reason.

I would easily choose the 6 cylinder car over a 4 simply because it will go faster in a straight line. Lap times are less important as I never go to a track. It does surprise me that with two cars having the same steering system one would feel numb and the other is just fine. Still, reaching a surprise conclusion produces controversy which does sell.