Thread: Loose leather?
View Single Post
      01-25-2014, 10:30 AM   #1
thomps
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Loose leather?

Has anyone else noticed that the seat leather looks a bit loose in some of the 2 series pics we've seen? I'll give an example below, but I have noticed this multiple times in photos from different sources: Detroit, photos/reviews from the Vegas debut, etc. It seems like the most typical culprits are both the driver and passenger seat backs, as well as the driver side seat base and "butt bolsters."

I understand this will be typical wear and tear eventually and that some of these cars have had reviewers and gawkers climbing in and out of them at rates higher than any consumer car would ever experience. Yet I'm a little concerned, because still, these cars are presumably pretty low mileage and newly removed from a production line somewhere. I wonder how it will look in 2-3 years?

Can anyone who has seen the cars in person shed light on this? If you did notice it, what kind of mileage did the cars have? Anyone else notice it in pictures?

For example, this 228 w/ coral red leather, upper passenger seat back where the right shoulder would sit:

And here, while the left butt bolster wrinkle isn't too bad, the upper left side seat bolster appears to be stuffed with marbles:

Again, I admit this post is nitpicking, and I don't think these are the most egregious examples. But it's not about now, it's about later, and I think it's a fair question- how long until the interior makes this car feel more dated than it should with leather sagging and wrinkles?

Last edited by thomps; 01-25-2014 at 10:56 AM..
Appreciate 0