Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalVendetta View Post
As a resident of NJ, this is making me rethink my choice of RWD for my ED in September. Everything I'd read was along the lines of 'RWD w/ winter tires > AWD w/ AS'; it's sounding like one may want AWD w/ winter tires if one lives in a hilly area. Thanks for sharing this.
Careful not to base a decision on generic "Blizzaks". If they were Blizzak LM series, the outcome is not surprising. I would be surprised for such a negative review on Blizzak WS80. Perhaps we can ask for clarification? WS80 have survived heavy snow with rear wheel drive quite well here.
They were the LM, and that's a fair point. And to be clear my review was based simply on the worst of the worst days going up and down hills since that was the specific point of concern. I didn't get a more aggressive snow tire because I had all those options for cars available to me. So yes, you could get a very aggressive winter tire and maybe be better off than AWD with a not so good all season in certain circumstances. Did not intend to provide any sort of scientific experiment or anything, just my personal experience.
Appreciate 0