04-14-2020, 08:09 AM   #73
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakash.shah235 View Post
If you had to do it again would you do an m235i track build or buy and m2?
Ultimately, no. If I wanted a car to keep stock and enjoy as is long term though, the M2C is appealing, but I'm not an "off-shelf" type of guy, never have been. And after a track day experience at Mosport in the M2C, it feels soft in comparison to my car (obviously..) which brings me to this equation - The M2 costs much more up front (esp in Canada). Then add in all of the respectable track mods required and you're basically doing everything I did with that added cost of the car itself. It would cost substantially more all-in to build an M2 to this state. Not to mention the M2 didn't exist when this journey began..

The F2/3x chassis allowed me the flexibility to purchase the two largest cost components (BBK & CS's) at heavy discounts. This wouldn't' have been available to me in a brand new M2. FFWD to today, I'd still do it, a) these cars have dropped a lot in pre-owned value, and b) they still provide the best bang for buck in performance in the BMW coupe division from what I see out there. The F22 is a great chassis, very stiff and shows its true colours even more with the respective mods and driving ability. There honestly isn't much out there that I can't pace with, aside from cars worth 3x the purchase price