08-13-2015, 08:23 PM   #18
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 991S & 2013 M3 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova72 View Post
My E46 6MT is nearing 100K miles with 2 months and I've had little luck locating a 2014 M235i 6MT (trying to keep it below a 100K). Tons of autos out there however.

2014 model yr mostly due to pricing being more in my wheelhouse. 6MT's are hard to find in the Seattle WA area.

I've widened my search to CA, OR, ID, CO, & AZ (here, Auto Trader, Cars.com, etc.).

Trying to stay away from black exterior. White and Silver 1st two choices.

Starting to wonder if it's time to bit the bullet and go for a 2015 "new" or slightly used. Thoughts?
Have you driven an M235? My friend that drives an e46 M3 drove mine the other day and he was not overly impressed. In fact I honestly think he hated it and he has been a big fan of the car and has wanted to test mine for some time. I explained to him that there are a few things you need to get used to such as steering, throttle response, and power delivery and that it is a great car once you learn it. He agreed that he would like to try it again with a different expectation set.

I guess what I'm getting at is that it's no where near as close in real life as the cars are on paper. I really love mine, it's the best regular series bmw I have driven by a long shot, but it is very different than a real NA high revving M car.

Good luck with your search!
Appreciate 0