View Single Post
      02-23-2015, 09:31 PM   #1
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

What're y'all driving now waiting for your 2er ?

I'm driving what I consider a pretty special car ... my first German car: a 2013 VW GLI Autobahn w/ Nav.

Some highlights of this car:
- Responsive and masculine sounding 2.0L turbo engine producing good healthy torque starting at around 1800
- Great overall maneueverability due to its compact size
- DSG transmission w/ its manual shift mode which is very responsive and a LOT of fun ! I don't know much about transmissions, but I know this one is fun !
- Very attractive/sporty exterior styling (I have a white exterior, with black sill extension thingies)
- Awesome Bi-Xenon adaptive lighting that automatically lights an extra bulb to illuminate corners when turning and turns it off after the turn
- Awesome 400 watt Fender audio system ... gonna miss this as I've heard bad things about the 360 watt HK.
- Comfy leatherette sport bucket seats with good bolstering and lumbar support
- Simple and easy to use interior instrumentation
- Massive 15.5 ft trunk (largest in class) w/ nice cargo mgmt system

Things I won't miss:
- Totally obvious turbo lag that takes forever before the boost kicks in. Twin scroll on the M235i should make this a non-issue
- Rattling of the interior at high volumes of the audio system

Overall, I really love my GLI, and the M235i is just going to be a few steps up ! So, even though the wait for the BMW is killing me, it's a consolation that I'm driving a very special car now !