06-11-2014, 07:38 AM   #31
2+3=5
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn_128i View Post
In case you do not want to read this long post, I moved my bottom questions to the top of my post.

What trim does everyone have that has the oyster interior?

What exterior and interior color combinations does others here have? 2+3=5, what color is your exterior? Could it be red since you are using the BMW roundel symbol with red around it? I miss having red but I thought one more white car and then back to red.

--------------------------------------------------
Thank you 2+3=5 and MmTwo35 for your nice comments. I used to love to write. I used to write poems and short stories and I even had a Dear Abby column when I was in 8th grade in our school newspaper. I was always so detailed oriented and at Rutgers College, I was asked to tutor students in accounting and English. I enjoyed it and excelled at Economics and Accounting with a minor in English. I paid for my own college and did not have a car until I bought one after college. I had to learn how to park in between studying and taking my finals so I could drive to my new job. I guess I never really learned how to park.

But being so detailed oriented and so analytical can get me in trouble as now I am wondering if I made a mistake in the color of my interior as I just saw a post with the Oyster Interior with the Fineline trim and it looked wonderful!

I leased 5 beautiful red Honda Prelude Cars from a client before buying that awful Acura RSX when the Honda Prelude was discontinued. I should have leased the car since then I could have just returned the Acura. The Prelude had 190 horsepower, handled beautifully, was so quiet on the highway, looked sporty and beautiful, was so comfortable in every way, and I had a great seating position with hardly any blind spots. I loved the beautiful red exterior of every Prelude I had and I really did love the furry black interior it had. I never had to test cars as my client would call me to tell me the new ones arrived and I would switch cars and get the new lease at cost. Sometimes due to low miles, my client would give me money toward buying my car early and sell it for a profit.

But when I had my first light interior in the Acura RSX, I was surprised that light leather was cooler than furry black seats that got so hot if sitting in the hot sun. Then I only wanted light seats. Of course, I disliked everything else about the Acura RSX as it was definitely a downgrade from my Prelude in so many ways (less horsepower, noisy on highways, terrible pickup at lights, head rests were not adjustable and did not title forward, and the seats were too hard for long rides).

I currently have the Oyster/black leather combination in my BMW 128i with the Polar Trim. I love the happy light oyster color. But I dislike the black backs of my seat and the black plastic under and on the sides of my seat. It is pretty looking when only looking at the front interior in my car and acceptable in the back seat. I love the way my car handles, looks on the outside and it fits me so well.

I really wanted the Oyster color but part of my bolster had rubbed off and I thought it was from cleaning the jean material off the car but I see now from doing more searches for oyster leather seats, that black seats have this problem also from the safety belt and getting in and out of the seats.

The black seats I am getting look wonderful with the Mat Silver Trim. I have not had black seats now in 11.25 years so maybe it will be nice for a change. Then in three years I can lease another BMW 228i with the pretty red BMW 228i on the exterior (MM235, you will love that combination you got) and oyster inside. My fear is that last night I read that on the 2015 models the all oyster leather is discontinued. I just was not yet tired of the Alpine White so I thought I would enjoy it for three more years.

I signed everything today and I feel I got a good deal and I have a production number. I should probably just let it go and have black leather seats for three years. But I will sleep on this and see what others say. I have to decide to keep what I have or change the color of my seat ASAP. Maybe having black for a change will be different. I just hope it does not make the interior too hot and dark. It does look sporty with the silver mat trim.

I better get some sleep. Sorry this is so long.

I am also looking forward to all the new technology and having Navigation so I do not have to keep unpacking and packing up my Garmin. I am looking forward to having a fun safe car to drive.
my roundel pic is actually Valencia orange taken at a dealership from the hood of an X1... I originally ordered Valencia orange but BMW rejected my special order so I picked glacier silver... I'm of the same mindset to have a light bright cheerful new car with as much updated technology to last another 10+ years... Im so use to backing my car into spots with shoulder & mirror checks I kept forgetting to look at the PDC screen and heed the audio warnings during my test drives... I have already printed out the 2 series owner's manual to read up on all the newness and looking at adding the extended warranty

YOLO... go with your gut... won't know unless you try... push aside second guessing and hindsight
Appreciate 0