01-19-2014, 05:55 PM   #72
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IancoleTX View Post
Did they hire AC Schnitzer to do the performance parts?

Not to be that complaining guy, but it looks overwrought and tacky. And those wheels. Come on. If you're going to charge 3x what the market rate is for styling enhancements, at least be the best at it.

The Racing version on the other hand, is pure sex on wheels. Just make the M2 look like that.
^^^ All those add ons look tasteless and tacky. The stock m sport has a nice clean look.

And does anyone know if the 228i/328i have the same diff as the 335i. M235i? If its the same carrier, the 228i with the m-sport (why isn't that called an m228i? just confusing) the 228i with is shocking 240 pound lighter weight, and shorter gear ratios (if the same as the 328i) would be bad ass. A conservative tune to bring it damn near stock n55 numbers, way better gearing and less weight over the nose, what's not to like?

It will be really cool if the M2 has an "S20" or whatever they would call it with a very similar treatment the S55 got just minus 2 cyl out of the middle.

I know, I know flame suit on. I just think it would be really great if each M car had it's own motor like the olden days. Let's face it, most of us would rather have an e30 M3 (evo..drool...) over an e30 325is.