View Single Post
      05-28-2014, 09:02 PM   #2
Lynn_228i
AW BMW 228i with Black Dakota Leather Seats
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

disco4me.

I have the oyster set/black carpet combination and I love the look and how the seats never get so hot. But they are difficult to keep clean. All my seats stay clean but the driver's seat since I also love dark blue jeans and black jeans. I am still thinking of getting this combination again but finding some kind of product to coat the seats to protect them before I start to drive in the car with dark jeans. I know when I was testing cars in the hot parking lot on Memorial day, I did notice the darker the seat, the hotter it was but also the darker the car's exterior the hotter the interior was.

BMW has a good air conditioning system so I am sure once the car is started, everything cools down. I like having my interior lighter looking. I am still not sure what I am going to do since if a dealer can locate a car I would like, I may take a car with a dark seat but if I order a car, I still think I may like a light seat. I need to take another test drive in a car that has been sitting in the hot sun with a black seat and see how quickly the car cools down.
Appreciate 0