View Single Post
      08-07-2015, 02:34 PM   #85
ketema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

UPDATE: OK got my Hotchkis Sways installed and my Clutch Master's Clutch and Flywheel installed. I will be on track in 3 weeks for a real shake down, but my initial impressions on the sways are...I can't feel a thing. Not going fast enough to make a difference. Clutch and Flywheel: First thing I noticed is that the clutch engagement point is waaay lower/earlier than on the stock car. The thing just grabs. It was a little disconcerting and I'll admit I stalled it on the first try as I had no idea what to expect. I adjusted quickly, but now I have to admit there is way too much travel in my clutch pedal now. I could operate it with my tippy toes. Definitely need a way to eliminate all the extra travel. Suggestions welcome.

Secondly its loud. At first I thought it was the AC, but when idling in neutral it makes a raspy sound. My mechanic said that is normal. I hope so. It does not bother me if it is because I'm using it as a track toy, but it is noticeable and some may not like it if they daily drive.

Thirdly after driving it a bit and getting used to it, I noticed that the revs do not drop when up shifting. When down shifting the throttle is more responsive and the engine is easier to rev match because 1: the revs don't drop that much and 2: less throttle was needed to make the tach move. (in sport+)

I have driven around now on both the Club sport coilovers and the previous DDC coil overs with GC camber plates. The new camber plates no longer break my struts which is a good thing and Kudos to GC for taking care of me. However I decided to stick with the club sports and their integrated camber plates. The things are just bad ass. The car is insanely stiff and I love it. NOT great for the street, but you have to know why you bought the car. I only have it set on 3 and I have5 more settings to play with. The car no longer dives forward under heavy braking. It's just planted. I am sure the wider tires and wheels help with that as well.

Overall I am really happy with the mods and I only have 1 week before my stage 2 DINAN is installed and then I am going to chill for a while and just drive it at the track mercilessly.
2015 6M Black Sapphire Metallic | MPE w/Carbon Tips | Digital MP Steering Wheel | Carbon Interior | StopTech Slotted Rotors | Pagid RSL1 Race Pads | KW Clubsport Coilovers | DINAN Stage 2 and Carbon air intake | Clutch Masters Lightweight Performance Clutch and Flywheel | Hotchkis Anti-Roll Bars | Enkei RS05RR 18" Racing Wheels
Appreciate 0