View Single Post
      01-20-2014, 11:24 AM   #37
Inge_F
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 335i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
They'll make some compromises. I assure you BMW has the capability to make more than 141hp/liter with the N55/S55 platform; just turn up the boost. The question is, what would the character of that engine be? Read/listen to reviews of the new M235i vs the CLA/A45 AMG. Nearly every review I've read has mentioned the fact that there is less waiting for torque delivery in the M235i. This is because of the larger base displacement. A light pressure turbo attached to a large displacement engine delivers a more linear driving experience than a high pressure turbo attached to a small displacement engine.

The M2 is shaping up to be something quite different than the M3/4. The M3 has grown in to a far more refined version of itself. It's the purest driving experience BMW has to offer, but it's not as pure as it was in the past. It's looking like the M2 will fill in the gap that has grown as the M3 moved more toward the GT end of the spectrum.
And who says it has to be a 2,0 just because its a 4 cyl. Take the S55, cut of 2 cyls, bore the remaining 4 up from 84mm to 88mm and you have a 2,2l ready for some high revs.
Appreciate 0