View Single Post
      03-30-2014, 12:06 AM   #29
Brings
Clap Trap~
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3, '93 NSX

You still lose your factory warranty with Dinan parts anyways. It just so happens that Dinan will pick up where BMW left off. Not everyone wants a Dinan tune, even if they could afford it or know that it doesn't void the "warranty." I certainly will be going with a JB4 on my M235i when I get it due to the fact that there is a lot of information on its development as well as plenty of testing of its performance, which has led to its current, mature, iteration. This to me makes the JB4 worth it, to know that it has gone through many revisions over time to reach the 'perfect' version. Even then, the JB4 is continuously being updated as well, which may add new features to push the performance envelope (which is the driving force behind why many of us modify our cars and some to the extreme limit). The Dinan tune is great if you just want a plug-n-play product that you can forget about and have some peace of mind, but the JB4 is for the enthusiasts who are looking to extract the most potential from their cars or to do even more hardcore stuff not possible with the Dinan.
Appreciate 0