02-10-2016, 11:12 AM   #153
N54B30A
Captain
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2021 HS M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDave View Post
Which is why I stated in a STOPLIGHT drag. Nothing can touch them to about 100mph from a standing start. A 335 can't overcome the launch from a deadstop with the amount of torque the Tesla has. At higher speeds, no, the Tesla is nothing special in terms of killer performance.

And look again..the Tesla P85D has completed a lap in 9:05 at the 'ring..
(http://www.autoevolution.com/news/te...deo-98084.html)

Funny how all magazines print the 0-60 times if they are so unimportant to the consumers........
Yeah cause half of the people buying model s' just look at 0-60, hp and tq. 0-60 is all the tesla has to offer. Magazines also print 60-0, slaloms, and track times, but I guess thats also unimportant to consumers. And no the car becomes gutless at 75, not 100, 75. Thats a huge difference considering thats just under freeway passing speeds. I dont know about you guys, but i find myself passing someone on a freeway a lot more often than I do racing stoplight to stoplight.

As for the nuburgring lap time, it had to fail a few times before they could get a time a little quicker than an slk 230. With multiple times the power. The tesla gets creamed by every other performance sedan in its class, in just about every category aside from 0-60. What's the point of all this performance and acceleration if its utterly useless in performance applications aside from a drag?
Appreciate 0