View Single Post
      07-23-2014, 10:55 AM   #100
deathsliver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmm235i View Post
So you started this thread comparing the EB to the M235i, but even you say you will be cross shopping with a SVT. Seems like you realize the comparison is not good. Then you go on to say that the 2 series has less performance overall. Of course if you group in the 228, but the 235i is at least an equal to the mustang and I don't recall anyone comparing the mustang with the 228. Basically you are grouping in different trim levels when convenient for you rather than a straight EB v. 235i, which you are begging all of us to do.

You then say you need to wait to see the mustang, but you bought your 135is without waiting to drive the 235i. The M2 is still a year away so this conversation is certainly premature.

As far as the STIGMA of driving a BMW, I could care less. I bought my car because it puts a smile on my face to drive it. I was never blinded by the badge and usually cross shop competitors like audi and MB.

Finally, just by substituting the word easier for cheaper does not make it true. The only thing that makes the BMW difficult to mod is the price. Its not like you have to fly to germany to get parts. I can have the LSD and a tune shipped to my house right now, doesn't get much easier than that. Personally I would rather have a stock 235 then a tuned mustang w/ LSD. Thats just my personal opinion because I want more than performance.

I do agree with you about the M2 being an important car for BMW.
There's also blank statements like BMW will never make a smaller/lighter car. That the Mustang is the same weight (yet a foot longer, half a foot wider, which is huge). It's just silly talk.
Appreciate 0