Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Wagon

Garage List
2011 128i  [10.00]
2011 BMW 328i Touring  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaletto View Post
Oh, I definitely had it in Sport mode.

Maybe other folks are more sensitive to that kind of thing than I am, but I didn't feel that much difference. I didn't feel that much difference when comparing a Cayman and Cayman S, either.
Some on here seem to forget that it is not that a 228i is slow and a 235i is fast, it is that a 228i is fast and a 235i is a little faster. Either one is capable of getting your license shredded in a nanosecond. Certainly either is faster than can be safely fully utilized on a public street.

I think you did a nice job with your review! I'm planning to do Euro Delivery on a 228i in 2016. My quandary is do I go "sporting jail cell spec" like my wagon or load one up with all the toys this go-round.? I intentionally did not get much of anything on my wagon because I plan to keep it pretty much forever, and what isn't there will never break. But the 228i is more of a toy, and I may even lease it, so maybe I want all the bells and whistles this time? Certainly the fact that I am stuck with the stupid screen no matter what makes me think I might as well make the best of it and get the tech package.

'11 328! Touring - Tasman on Chestnut, 6spd manual, factory upside-down "i" option
'11 128i Convertible - Space Gray on Savannah Beige, 6spd manual,
also '14 Mercedes-Benz E350 wagon, '95 Land Rover Discovery, '74 Triumph Spitfire
Appreciate 0