View Single Post
      06-03-2014, 10:22 AM   #190
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerEngineer View Post
8 spds are nt going to give it any edge in acceleration. Infact just the opposite will occur. This thing needs the old trusted 7 spd DCT. There's no need fr all these damn gears. Just a simple rear axle ratio change is all that's needed to improve mpgs. These more and more gears things is a stupid game to be first with the new stuff in the car. Manufactures need to keep it real. Enough with being first with this and that. Bring back some quality some day this decade before the economy collapses.
Ah, no. The factory states that the M235i does 0 to 60 in 5.0 seconds with the 6-speed manual transmission and 4.8 seconds with the 8-speed automatic transmission. Recent reviews by popular magazine road testing drivers are consistently seeing 0 to 60 times of 4.3 to 4.5 seconds with the automatic transmission.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0