11-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #11
jackmcclane
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny84 View Post
I've been saying this all along. Why not?

I think a 4 cylinder M2 focused on power and weight savings will be one hell of a car. This will be the true successor to the e30 M3 IMO
I would like to quote BimmerMat135 from the M2 engine of choice poll thread:

"I agree with you on the weight factor but the I4 only has this advantage over the I6 all the rest are disavantages. If BMW need to focus so much on the weight that they are able to justify the presence of a I4 over an I6, then I would only accept it if the car come standart with a full CF body, CF shaft, ceramic brakes, light weight seat, light weight battery, fix light (non the bi-xenon one), option to remove carpet, A/C, infotainement screen and the radio. If they want to play the lightweight game, play it fair! If they put a 4cyl and don`t give us the possibility(at least with option) to have the car with the lowest weight as possible then it would have been pure marketing bullshit. I can accept 4cyl in cars like the alfa romeo 4C or lotus exige those car were meant to be lightweight from the start. On the other hand I'm not sure that the M2 will be meant to be light weight as the F22 M235i weight exactly the same as the E82 135i. The bases for the M2 are already heavy."
Appreciate 0