11-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #6
jackmcclane
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
If they can get 360 - 380 PS from this four cylinder. What's to stop them putting it in the M2?
The M2 is not coming tomorrow. Just as BMW M related to a four cylinder that is also not coming tomorrow.
Hm yeah these dates matches... but in contrast to you, Autobild is not a good source.
Is that correct that you are working in marketing for BMW or some other company which is working for BMW, or are you directly involved in all of these BMW projects?

Do you know if there's already made a decision which engine get placed in the M2? (Nitschke mentioned in an article he already got an engine for the entry level M car.)
And if yes, can't you just give us a clearly hint how much cylinders it will have? Please Scott, I've waited so long for a car like this and I am pretty sure we will get something like that never again, so I have no problem with waiting another couple of years, but that uncertainty really kills me.

I know BMW M isn't about numbers, the driving feel matters, but for me the engine is very important since I never had a 6 cylinder in my cars before and I wanna keep that coming up baby M forever.
Please reduce my suffering a bit.

It looks like you are thinking it will get a 4cyl., but I really wanna know it.
And like I said in my last post, I think the customer will accept it rather from the next generation.

PS: And thank you for all of the information we've got from you. I appreciate it very much.

Last edited by jackmcclane; 11-01-2013 at 12:38 PM..
Appreciate 0