03-30-2014, 06:16 PM   #18
Dr. Indiana Jones
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
It's not paint, you can spray it all over the place and it peels off when dry if you don't like what you did. It's idiot proof, granted if you tried to spray the grilles in place and ended up clogging up your radiator or some seriously stupid shit like that we need to discuss the definition of idiot, but with some common sense it's pretty easy.

BTW didn't mean to imply you personally would do that, was just giving an example.
LOL...good tips... I realize this stuff pulls right off, but r u saying u can just spray away freely? Last thing I need is overspray that needs to be unwrapped. Wouldn't it be better to remove the parts to be sprayed? Or just tape everything w plastic, etc. I did see a utube video on this and it looks like guys are indeed doing it themselves w/o contracting a pro to do it. It just scares me to spray this stuff on a brand new BMW. Since the car is leased, I'd be interested in plasti-wrapping the mirror caps and rear deflectors. Could this been done in body colour (MG) or something similar? I understand u can also spray on a shiny finish clear coat of plasti-wrap if u want a sheen?
Appreciate 0