ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

10 Things You Need to Know about the 2014 BMW M235i

Saw this from Road & Track today:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-revi...?src=soc_fcbks

An excerpt:

"The badge says "M," yes, but the M235i is a replacement for the 135i, not the 1 Series M Coupe. Though it’s fast as all get-out (0–60 in 4.5 seconds in our testing), grips like the dickens (thanks to Michelin Pilot Super Sports), and stops like an M car (five feet shorter from 80 mph than a competition-package M5, for example), it’s not involving enough to wear an M badge. Much less 16 of them."

What surprised me the most was this:

"Speaking of silly, the M235i displays "M235i" on the LCD of its gauge cluster at all times. And it has horsepower and torque gauges in the center screen. But it has no way of telling you that the oil is so cold it has ice crystals in it. Or, on the other hand, that the engine oil is hot enough to fry a turkey. (Yeah, I’m going there again.) You have no way of knowing when launch control is going to work. Go to the racetrack, and half the time, the dash says "Launch Control Active," but the car performs a seven-second 0–60. Which we can only presume is because the engine is hot. But we’ll never know now, will we? I want to smack someone over this."

I was very surprised to learn that this car has no oil or coolant temperature displays. Is that right or did the reviewer(s) mess that up?

I apologize in advance if this has been posted already.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0