01-17-2017, 01:48 PM   #24
gp_solo2
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC 07 View Post
Anyone out there have an opinion on the M235xi or the M240xi in snow? Also, anyone with these cars have an issue w/ ground clearance in snowy conditions? I have an M240xi on order. Curious what folks in the snow belt have experienced ... quality of all-wheel drive performance and ground clearance in the winter ??? I live in eastern PA, so snow is not that big of an issue ... may be an issue 4-5 times in a winter. Like to hear what M235xi and M240xi owners have to say.
Ran my M235 RWD for two winters. Leaving in Quebec so getting lots of snow. I had good set of winter tires (Hakkappelitta) and it was a joy. Only drawback was that it was too tempting to run without the traction control enabled and went through 2 tires each winter.

Car is stored for the winter this year because we have an SUV and I did not need it but no need to worry driving those cars during heavy snow. With good winter tires and all electronics switched to On it is very stable and predictable and none intrusive. AWD must be even better and I never got any clearance issue. AWD is higher as well if I recall so no worry.
Appreciate 0