View Single Post
      11-22-2014, 12:04 PM   #3
bman6074
Major
Rep
Drives: 14 M235i and 07 Lotus Exige S

I had an 08 135i with no amenities. It was very bare bones only heated seats and Msport pkg. I have a little regret as I don't like the driving mode options (eco pro, comfort, sport and psort +). Being that I got manual transmission, I find it gets in the way. For a manual the modes are not needed. You can coast to save gas or just don't step on the gas hard.
The M235i I got tech, comfort, heated seats/steering wheel. I love the M235i for the tech stuff, like phone audio for music. Navi is quite good i use it all the time. I like the softer ride of the M235i compared to the 135i. I'm not jarred on every little bump.
I think most miss that raw feeling you got in the 135i. Not to say the M235i is completely soft. It has excellent handling. Takes a little time getting used to and remembering what mode you are in.
If BMW just let you choose what mode (sport for me) upon starting the car. i would love it. Its more the overtaking technology of today is what bothers me the most. If i new more about how the modes worked i would have opted for an automatic. They are definitely geared to an auto. Its like the car was built for auto and then the manual trans was an after thought.