View Single Post
      12-01-2014, 04:49 AM   #86
matbl
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
And just to make this discussion REALLY stupid, if I owned a Tesla (and I've looked into it in a very detailed fashion - it would cost me $17,000/year to own and operate one), it would take me and extra 5 minutes a day to fill up the Tesla. The closest place on my property that I could charge up the Tesla is my garage, which is a 3-minute walk from the house, so that's about 5 minutes a day I'd spend walking over and back to the car (it takes me 45 seconds to walk to my E90). The walk to the garage is not covered, so when it rains, I'd get soaking wet (let alone stand out in the rain plugging the car in - I keep my tractor in the garage). So owning and refueling a Tesla for me actually takes more time out of my life than refueling my E90 (if you count the time it takes me to walk over and back from the garage...); 25 minutes vs. 10 at the gas station every week.
So you don't park your car in your garage because it's about 1000 feet from your house... Ok, on a farm or similar it might be a hassle, I get that.
For most people, the garage is about 10 feet or less from the house and it's actually used to park the car in.
You plug it in when you get home and when you have to use the car the next day, it's charged. Or if you don't drive that much each day (like me) you plug it in once or twice a week.
Appreciate 0