Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyATC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmeration View Post
Let me answer to your question. Tesla does not need time to drive around, get on or off ramps, get or wait in line for gas. It "refuels" as we sleep at home, then we get plenty of juice all day everyday. I think you'll need to do more research to properly support your point, particularly on the time "actually" consumed in an more aggregate perspective.
Laugh frickin out loud. Seriously? So since you are asleep, your Tesla takes no time to "refuel"? Okay, you go with that. I'm sorry but the majority of petro car owners refuel their care while out on a trip of some sort, whether commuting to school, work, or running errands. I refuel my car at least two times a week, and I spend no longer than 10 minutes total with the process, and that includes a under-hood check and recording my fuel purchase.

You'd have to be a total ass to count the stand alone trip to a gas station as part of the refueling time. A drive from Washington DC to Boston, when counted with a Tesla supercharger refuel (probably two would be required) would be far faster accomplished in an ICE automobile. So stop making shit up.

I suggest you go read the article Car and Driver published a few years ago where they raced a 1915 Ford Model T against a Tesla S from Detroit to Nikola Teslas old Wardenclyffe laboratory in Shoreham, Long Island, NYC. In elapsed time the Tesla beat the Model T by about 1 hour. However the Model T had to travel about 45 miles farther due to it's route that kept it off high-speed freeways, which when counted as average miles per-hour for the trip the T's average MPH was a 32.8 vs. the S's 32.4 MPH.
Last time I checked, it takes 5 min just to pump gas into the car
That's excluding paying, driving to station and sometimes, wait in line or attendant to service your car (NJ has that mandatory)
You are extremely lucky to spend so little time
Though my guess will be you put at least 30min weekly just to pump gas
Multiply that by 52 weeks and we are talking good time of your life in gas stations.
Not to mention bad weather and all the fumes you inhale in the process
Tesla owner spends roughly 2-3 sec a day to plug. And leaves the house always filled up.
For those occasional trips, which cost nothing to refuel owner can use a little longer break at the rest area when the car is charging.
Who waits on gas lines? Having flashbacks to the gas crisis in the 70s?
I think the fact that an electric car has so few places it can recharge, and that it takes so incredibly long (relatively speaking), makes your position sound pretty silly to these ears.