View Single Post
      10-20-2023, 05:17 PM   #106
Dee235
Rep
Drives: Bmw M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey1975 View Post
Was going to fit hpfp b58 tu pump and wanted to know which lpfp upgrade to buy also heard read loads of n55 peeps running this b58 tu hpfp I know there is some trimming and stuff to do but is a bit of budget way to upgrade any advise on lpfp and hpfp greatly appreciated I won't be running any e blends also maybe octane booster here or there also did hear once u upgrade lpfp there is a module or something that overheats?
So if I was you I would just skip the b58tu pump as you will just have to replace it eventually with a bigger turbo, anyone who tells you different isn’t being honest it just doesn’t have the fuel rate to push enough fuel for a bigger turbo. As for the lpfp if you run a single bucketed walbro 535 it won’t burn up the ekpm module. The walbro 525 and the 450 do. Fuel it has a stage 3 kit that comes with a stock fuel pump and a secondary bucketless 525 pump that operates off a Hobbs switch that will prevent the module from over heating. I just opted with the precision raceworks 2.5 single 535 because it’s all I needed as it states it’s good for up to 675 whp and it’s a simple swap in and out no wiring up the Hobbs switch necessary.
Appreciate 0