JP's M2xx
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i x drive conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_f22 View Post
for any car, not just vert.

And your missing the certification part.

Can anyone make a cage, maybe not. Can you figure it out, sure.
A cage for my 92 notch was under 1200$ to meet NHRA that was fabricated, painted, everything.

For NASA, club racing, IMSA etc its different than NHRA. Not sure why you are arguing. Fabricators can charge what ever they want as long as someone wants to pay.
Bryan, the OP asked if he could track his convertible. If you can track a S2000 or a Miata with a bar and down pipes (similar to what you just posted) why won't that pass for a M235?

I am sure that NASA and IMSA have different certs than the NHRA but he wasn't talking about entering that type of completion.

And you are correct, anything is worth what anyone is willing to pay, just seems a bit crazy to say a roll bar is $5-10k when you just posted one for $3k and I think even that is inflated.

There are plenty of chassis and racecar builders out there that do great work that don't rob people because of the badge on the hood of their car, that is my point.

And why is it that every time I post you say I am "arguing". Sorry if I have raced since 1989 and have an opinion. Truly, my apologies...
Appreciate 0