05-06-2014, 05:52 PM   #30
Brings
Clap Trap~
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3, '93 NSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCoffee View Post
Can you elaborate on how this car feels and responds on the track to an E9X M3? It sounds like you've driven both before on a track.
I had an E92 M3 (ZCP) that I did take to the same track (in stock form and modded). To me, the M235i basically drives like an M3 since they are close in weight and are very balanced. The M3 had slightly better steering feel and the DCT was obviously faster at shifting (but not that much faster than the ZF8). The MDM mode on the M3 was also less intrusive than the stuff on the M235i in Sport+ mode (if I remember correctly, I've gone through quite a few different cars since I had my M3, so I might be remembering the wrong car ).

However, the M235i definitely shines where the M3 didn't in that it has a ton of low end torque, which made the slower tight corners quite fun to play around in. Then again, the M3 felt like it had a better top end as the M235i felt like it was losing steam at higher speeds. The M3's flat torque curve also made it easier to drive and feel more stable (the M235i's shorter wheelbase probably contributed to it feeling a bit more twitchy as well, but still very friendly to drive).
In short though, the M235i basically feels like a more torque-y E92 M3 (with less traction thanks to the narrow tires).
Appreciate 0