01-15-2014, 05:15 PM   #21
Marioalex24
Lieutenant
Mexico
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
The time frame between M4 Coupe and M2 Coupe will be around two years to on sale date so there is plenty of opportunity and of course time to establish the M4 as the mid-level Coupe. And creating space for the M2.

At BMW time is important in establishing new models or determining the next course of action for further progression.
It is best to take this time and do it right rather than rush it and get it so wrong.

There is a 2er Gran Coupe due which is expected to be shown as a Concept car first but it is effectively a four door 2er but with a slight wheelbase stretch but you still get that rounded dynamic coupe roof.

Anyway it adds for some really exciting compact and sub-compact models coming from BMW. For as well as the M2 there will be a JCW MINI which will see the JCW brand adopt a more BMW M. Philosophy in performance , character and exclusivity.

And then we are possibly looking at an X1 M which will be in many ways closely related to the M2 in key significant areas.
That's great new. Me and some of my buddy's are going to wait on this M2. Two years seem like a long wait, but time does fly. Even though the prices for the M4 came out and was impress how it wasn't around the high $70k as a base price. But at the end what makes me wait is the size of the car not the price.

Quick question Scott, will there be another JCW coupe, in more of M division? I know you said JCW is getting closer to what M is for BMW. But will that happen in the next gen mini coupe JCW?

Thanks
Appreciate 0