Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph@x-ph.com View Post
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
Loving that interior, looks so good!
It's honestly so much of an improvement over the brushed aluminum. Really makes it feel like a different car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazee 1 View Post
You have the option of having it record all the time (even when parked) with an auto shutoff when the voltage is too low (with the power magic pro) or you can do what the OP did and use the cigarette lighter. However, this only records when the car is on but you don't have to worry about the hassle of hard wiring or the battery dying.

OP: Not to go off thread either.. but I've been wanting a dashcam for the longest time. Is it easy to access the videos or do you have to be connected to the same wifi network? In the event you get into an accident, would you be able to pull the video and show the cop or do you need to take the sd card out and play it on something else?
Exactly. Mine is the older model without WIFI so I would have to take the card out which isn't a big deal unless you have an iphone. It's not really to show cops either as they really don't matter in the grand scheme of things when dealing with an accident, only the insurance companies do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsmeetswes View Post
How did you mount the dash cam?
I stuck it on the windshield?

The wiring goes up into the headliner, down through the A pillar, under the door sill, behind the passenger seat (under the carpet) and up into the parking brake boot, then out through the shift boot to the cig lighter so out of all of that, maybe 6" of cord is visable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
Wow Control One...lots of questions about the CAM...think you should do a DIY for all of us
Haha, I actually did one when I installed it on my Audi. Maybe I'll see if I can dig that up.
Appreciate 0