08-25-2014, 12:25 PM   #55
Lynn_228i
AW BMW 228i with Black Dakota Leather Seats
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerEngineer View Post
Someone please get rid of the tacked on nav screen. It totally is a sore thumb in a already not so great interior. Make it retract like in the Audi's.
I wish it would detract also since I miss my Garman Navigation Unit (the BMW Navigation Unit is confusing and many times tells me to bear left when I should be bearing right and keeps using the word bear left and right for making left and right turns) and the BMW big screen is in my way to use my Garman. If the Audi would have had removable back head rests, I would have gone back for a 2nd test drive as the leather interior was nicer and it handled so nice and I loved the all-wheel drive feature and I was told that the Navigation is touch screen.

The back head rests on the Audi being so large and blocking my view and not being removable was what had me write off the fully loaded Audi A3 since the Audi A4 was too big.

Also yesterday I had to move my passenger seat all the way up to fold down the seat to use the fold down seat option (was buying stackable crates at staples) so despite BMW now allowing the head rests to fold down to not block my view that much. When I came home from Staples, I removed the back very black head rests (will store them safely until it is time to return my leased vehicle) as I rarely have anyone sit in my back seat. I like to keep the passenger seat back to make sure my little dog's car seats does not have too much room in the front of it so she can't hang herself if she tries to get out despite strapping the foam car seat in.

I do love the lighting package when I am driving at night!
Appreciate 0