bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
DSC is never completely turned off, though you should be able to get the back end whipping around pretty well. When you did your testing, was the car supposed to be going straight (steering wheel at center) and the back end kicked out? Or were you actually trying to do some J turn maneuvers?
You sure about that? I've not read anything about that in the reviews of the M235i, and that's counter to every other BMW I've driven.

I was able to turn it off completely in my 135i based on these instructions, and likewise in our X3 (lol):

Quote:
The default mode is DSC (Dynamic Stability Control). In this mode, the computer will temporarily reduce power to the engine, and/or apply brakes at individual wheels if it detects the car is about to swerve or go out of control. This is how most drivers should be driving their 135i. This feature can definitely be felt when it kicks in, and you will see the indicator light come on.

One quick press turns ON DTC mode (dynamic traction control) or DSC light. This mode reduces stability control, and adds increased traction. This is used in heavy snow, rain or loose gravel or any environment where you need extra traction but you don't want the stability control intervening because it always thinks your skidding. Some wheel slipping is allowed under DTC.

Hold the button down for 5 seconds turns off both DSC (dynamic stability control) and DTC (dynamic traction control) but the e-diff is activated. This puts the car in 'TIM YOYO' mode. (That's It Motherf***er You’re On Your Own). In this mode, power to the engine is not controlled. The only action the computer will take is to apply braking to the rear wheel that is spinning the most.

When DSC (dynamic stability control) is on, the goal isn't just to stop the rear wheels from spinning. The goal is to prevent the car from going out of control. The computer will use engine cut out, and individual brakes to slow the car down and bring it back in line. That works opposite from the E-Diff, which tries to slow down the wheel that's spinning, to shift power to the one that is not.
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...07&postcount=3
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0