View Single Post
      04-24-2014, 01:29 PM   #7
darkerosxx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by th1rd3y3 View Post
I've tried this as well. It doesn't stay in Sport+ when you do this, it just turns DSC off and puts you back in Comfort mode. My thought was DSC off should result in no inhibitors but unless I'm crazy, that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm going to have to test this out further in a more controlled environment.
The only situation where I've had it put me back into comfort mode is if I just hit the button and don't hold it down. Never had it do that, otherwise, so maybe keep that in mind when doing it to make sure you're holding it down all the way.

Also, just like you guys are saying, when in Sport+ and I hold down the dsc/dtc off button, it just says dsc off. Isn't dsc supposed to be off already in sport+? wtf? It doesn't say anything about turning off dtc, so maybe I was mistaken. My sales rep said doing that turned both off, but all it says is dsc off in the instrument cluster and on the idrive screen (idrive says sport oriented drivetrain and chassis with dsc off after holding down dsc button while in sport+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M235i Manual
Activating SPORT+
Press the button repeatedly until
SPORT+ appears in the instrument
cluster and the DSC OFF indicator lamp lights
up.
Appreciate 0