Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0tsuya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdcoast228i View Post
M2 is a better car, period.
And it is. period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdcoast228i View Post
Honestly I never see people saying the 230i is better.
There are a lot of people saying the 240i is not better.

Look, the 2-series is a performance car. As such, performance metrics is important. Numbers do matter. If you go shopping for a minivan and the lower trim has seating for 5 while a higher trim has seating for 7, all else being equal, are you going to say the higher trim is not better? From what I see in this thread, there are indeed people who will claim that the higher trim is not better because they don't need to seat 7. But objectively, the higher trim is better.

Similarly, the M240i will beat the 230i on most numbers that matter to people who buy performance vehicles. That makes it the objective better car.

On the other hand, as a performance car, the intangibles matter too. If it were all about numbers, I would have opted for the auto tranny over the manual, because the AT is now objectively better than the MT. But I like the feel of the manual. So I would understand if people say the M240i is the better car, but the 230i feels better to them.
Sorry but this argument is just misguided and logically flawed. "Bigger" and "faster" simply imply MORE, they do not imply BETTER. I drove a 6-Series a little while ago and was relieved to get back into my 2. The 6 was a "better" car by the standard you are applying but it was a boat and the 2 is the hands-down the better car despite being slower, smaller and cheaper. There is absolutely no truth in determining value by reference only to data. If there were, I could state without fear of contradiction that a Dodge Viper is a better car than a Lotus Exige as they are both impractical, two/seat performance cars that cost about the same but the Dodge has a higher top speed and more power. Judgement and experience are what counts in assigning value, not the MSRP sticker in a car showroom.

2015 BMW 228i M Sport w/Track Handling Package
DAP | Lighting | Premium | Tech
DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner Stage 1 | DINAN Shockware | DINAN Free Flow Exhaust | DINAN Performance Spring Set + Ride Quality and Handling Kit
Appreciate 1
Sportstick4655.50