View Single Post
      08-15-2016, 10:33 AM   #1
HighRevs11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

F22 Front Lip Development - Opinions Wanted

Hello Everyone,

My friend and I have have recently begun the process of developing a front lip for the F22 platform. A little background on us, my friend is a mechanical engineer who specializes in the automotive field with many connections in the industry. I myself come from a corporate finance background, but we are both huge car guys. We have been friends since pre-school and our love for cars has continued to grow over the years. To that end, I recently purchased a 2016 M235i and like many of you began starting mods right away.

We have been discussing the design for a front lip for the F22 platform. I currently have the LightWeight lip on my M235i and our design would be much in the same vain, i.e. simple / sturdy and clean looking.

I wanted to gather the forums thoughts on preferred materials (see poll), and any other suggestions that you may have. Obviously, this is all preliminary, but we do have the resources to make this happen if there is enough interest.

While we can't yet comment on pricing, we would try and keep this very reasonable (i.e. no carbon lips with a $1000+ price tag), but once again will be updating this thread as we receive information from our potential supplier. Obviously, carbon fiber will be more costly than say a plastic based material, so please keep that in mind as well when voting.

We appreciate your input and hopefully we can make this happen!

Mods - thank you!