View Single Post
      01-16-2014, 04:44 PM   #109
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk03 View Post
Good question. I was talking to a friend of mine today about the M235 and he is very tight with the person in the know at BMW M and he said not too expect one. He said the M235 is THAT good and BMW doesn't see the need for an M2, hence all the comments about how it "outperforms the 1M". That certainly could change...and I hope he's wrong, but he's been pretty spot on with most info he's given me.

That said, this M235 looks pretty awesome and could see dumping the E90, doing Euro Delivery, and driving around in the M235 with a big
Interesting... Is this BMW M. Garching? Or BMW M. North America?
Because in Garching the excitement is building for this car. They already know how good the standard M235i is and they know the potential a full blown M can do to reputation and sales- the BMW 1er M Coupe justified that.

At M. It is now about lightweight , its about using a lightweight philosophy to obtain that expected and greater level of precision.
The strategy for the M2 shows how a lightweight philosophy would be the greatest advantage for an M2 along with more or less the same recipe as the 1er M Coupe.