View Single Post
      05-27-2014, 11:00 PM   #21
Lynn_228i
AW BMW 228i with Black Dakota Leather Seats
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

I had called BMW today and I was told sometimes in July production of the AWD 2-series will begin called X-Drive and for the 228i car I am considering getting to replace my 128i vehicle, it is an $1800 option. My lease ends on 7-25-14 and to extend my lease I would need a contract signed. But I can't sign a contract for a car that I cannot test to be sure that the handling on the 128Xi will be the same or better for me than on just the rear-wheel drive 128i.

I am only 4'10" tall and so far there are not many cars I can drive safely and confidently around curves (jug handles are everywhere in NJ). I tested the Cooper Countryman AWD and I could not stay in my lane going around a curve. I did test the Audi 3 AWD and due to the 12-way adjustable seat, I was able to get so comfortable but the big headrests in the back seat that are not able to be removed bothered me and I love the look of sporty 2-door coupes. I loved the Mini Cooper S in handling but the seat was uncomfortable for me and the price for a car with no power seat was way up there when I added all the driving assistance packages and navigation feeling I really would like another BMW again. I also tested the Nissan Juke since it came with All-Wheel Drive with navigation, leather heated seats, heated power mirrors, and was small but I could not wait to get back into my BMW 128i car. But it did handle curves nicely for me.

I am also wondering if the S is like the SULEV on my vehicle now that is Super Ultra-Low Emission Vehicle?
Appreciate 0