12-14-2017, 03:25 PM   #5
Bmw Fan M240i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M240i Sunset Orange, Oyster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
No

One is for parking - beeping as you get close to objects.

The other is for cruise control that maintains a distance, blind spot detection while driving and parallel parking aid which confirms space size and parks car while you control gas and brake. - w/o me looking at specs to make sure all these features are included

All these cars come with rear view camera when transmission is placed in reverse
Not sure if it’s different over the pond but the drive assist simply warns you with a picture of a red car on the dash if your speed is too fast compared to the car in front, same with pedestrians, And also warns if your coming out of lane without indicating by vibrating the wheel. Also has automatic braking in emergencys, but won’t actually stop the accident from happening, just preps the brakes. This does NOT come with front park sensors unless you choose the front and rear park sensor option.

Cruise control that maintains a distance is a different optional extra called active cruise control, this will maintain speed and break witn the car in front.

For the car to parallel Park you need Park assist.
Appreciate 1