09-14-2017, 11:52 AM   #7
BM235iW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Black Sapphire M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_duke View Post
Yea, I agree that it's probably not worth it. I think the thing is that this car, sporting a 300+ hp engine and an 'M' badge, should already have this basic performance feature, and really bothers the hell out of me. This car not having an LSD is like going out not wearing any underwear. It probably isn't going to have any sort of affect on anything, and you only notice it when you think about it, but in the back of your mind you know you should be wearing some.

Analogies aside, I think $2k is the most I would even start considering it. There is a lot of other juicy goodies that can be had for that money, goodies that you can really feel. Can it really be considered a safety feature? I'll be moving to Seattle soon. With all the precipitation there I could use 'safety' in order to justify it to myself...
I've had the opportunity to drive two M235i's side by side, one with the BMW installed LSD. My two cents, the car with the LSD installed felt better connected to the pavement than the car without LSD. It was most noticeable in turns during spirited driving. My next addition to my car will be installing a LSD and personally "I bad" for ordering my car without, should have been standard on a so-called M car.
Appreciate 0