Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M240i 6MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M240I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by designatedposter View Post
SpencerC_6MT would you be able to fit that wheel/tire combo without camber plates? how's the shift bushing?
For the wheels: Most likely not. I'm lucky enough that it only rubs on a steep driveway, and that's at -2.3. I suspect anything less than -2.0, and definitely -1.5, will start to rub during regular driving. Our factory setup is -1.0, so probably rub city. I'd suggest a slightly narrower tire setup (235/40 or 225/40) and lower offset, ET40-ish.

I have better news for you in terms of that shift bushing I've had mine for about a year and a half, zero complaints. It definitely improves shift feel and 'notchiness.' Excuse my analogy but, say the factory shifter is an out-of-focus image of whats going on inside the transmission. The poly bushing considerably clears up the image, it's not perfect, but you feel a lot more of what's going on. Be sure to tighten it well when you're under there - in the first month, mine came loose while I was driving, and I had to limp it home to tighten it back up. Scary.
2017 BMW M240i 6MT Slicktop | Wavetrac 3.46:1 Limited-Slip Diff - DinanTRONICS Sport Boost Controller - H&R Sport Springs - Millway Street Camber Plates - Agency Power Intake w/ Paradigm Engineering Turbo Inlet
Appreciate 1