View Single Post
      07-31-2015, 06:08 PM   #49
Mitchsays21
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F22 | AW

I recently had the opportunity to take my car to GSR Autosport for their ECU Flash Tune. My experience working with GSR has been great since day one. Nick, Bobby, Josh, Matt, David are all extremely knowledgeable and have been very professional

A huge part of the appeal of GSR's flash tune has always been its flexibility:
- allows 100 percent of the factory ECU functionality to be retained without the fitment of any aftermarket products
- ability to fine tune specific variables to extract as much peak power as possible

With all of the tuning options now available, they cannot be put into one basket. If access to the factory program is minimal, you can expect the end result to be poor. With all this considered, I felt that going with the ECU flash tune was naturally the next move in upgrading from my previous piggyback solution.

Driving impressions :
Car feels STRONG. It gave me a smoother powerband and more torque in all the right places. Midrange torque is addictive, turbo lag is nonexistent, and throttle roll-on is linear.
I felt like acceleration was the most significant difference from the previous piggyback tuning solution. My experience with the piggyback included a lot of jerking/hesitation. That only became more apparent after driving the car with the GSR tune.

2014 228i ATX
Stage 1+
+46 WHP +74 WTQ

Mod List (At time of dyno)
- Evolution Racewerks Intake (Protoype)
- Evolution Racewerks Catless Downpipe (NO CEL)
- Ark Performance Catback Exhuast (Prototype)

Overall, the car is just much more fun to drive. Power feels more accessible and without the jerky hesitation. I'm extremely happy with the result and have great peace of mind knowing who's behind the product and work.

Next :
- Install intake, chargepipe, and colder spark plugs
- Wheels made for the widebody set to arrive 1st/2nd week August
- Park the car in the body shop to start the bulk of the widebody build
Appreciate 1
Pillz1737.50