View Single Post
      08-10-2014, 12:53 AM   #29
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullins View Post
Personally, I feel like I shouldn't have to make compromises when buying something this expensive. If I am not able to justify buying the car I want, the way I want it, then I just don't buy the car. This is what drives me bonkers when I see people buying a car off a lot that is "close" to what they want, or especially when you are ordering something like this without options you want because they are hard to justify.

If I am going to spend 40k+ on a car, I'm going to get the exact car I want.

I know leases are a different story, and I get that BMW is ripping us off for a lot of the options. But if I am going to spend this much, I don't want to live the next four years, or even 4 minutes regretting an option I didn't get.

Just my 2 cents.
its a valid point. i always think about it as a "well do i really care about this or not". i mean money is still money. i tend to buy all my cars but i get a new one every 3-4 years. so i always think of it as money id rather spend on something else or roll into my next car. i mean i can afford $2000 more. but $2000 buys a lot of drinks and other toys.

it all depends on how much money you have and all your other expenses if something is worth $X or not.
Appreciate 0