View Single Post
      01-24-2018, 06:59 PM   #15
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Thank for the info! Do you know if the BMW extended warranty (Gold, platinum, ect) after the 4/50,000 miles expires is backed by BMW NA or is it a third party company with BMW slapping their name on it?

Reason I asked is because in my younger days, I bought a CPO Acura RSX with "AcuraCare" extended warranty, which I foolishly assumed it was an extension of the remainder of the 4/50,000 factory warranty.

I had a rude awakening after the transmission broke; Acura/Honda US does not care or offer assistance (or complaints) after the factory warranty expires, even if it was purchased under their well pushed CPO program. They wipe their hands clean and just direct you to AcuraCare, which was backed by a crappy third party non-Acura 'insurance' company, that denied every claim they possible could. Since they were not really affiliated or cared if I bought another Acura, they couldn't care less about my satisfaction.

I am assuming here that BMW CPO or extended warranty, after the factory expires, is the same case, unless anyone could prove otherwise.
Appreciate 0