01-19-2015, 11:36 PM   #2
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBro2002 View Post
I'm always curious on how the dealers select the options on the BMW's they get to sell on lots. Do they get what ever BMW sends or do they select the options. I live in Southern California and visited a number of dealers to look at 2's. I've come across some strange combinations of options on them. For example, the weather is warm here most of the year and a lot of 2s I looked at had cold weather packages.
Hey, I'm also in SoCal. This is an interesting question, for sure.

I personally think that the dealers tend to order configurations that they think might be popular among "most" people, i.e. what are the most sought after options ? Heated seats, maybe the Harmon Kardon and navigation.

Even though it's relatively warm here, it's still nice to have some warmth during colder months, for sure. I use my heated seats on my VW GLI all the time in the fall/winter.

So, most cars on their lots might have the "popular" options, while they might order a few with high end performance options, for the performance enthusiasts.

That's what I think, though I have no proof of this. But, it seems to make sense that they would base their choice of options on what is popular and what will likely sell.