View Single Post
      05-13-2014, 07:47 PM   #79
abc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer20 View Post
Prefer stock. And it's not possible to alter the ride height and spring rate by that much and have no degradation in ride quality. Maybe you didn't notice it, or it doesn't bother you, but it's there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmTwo35 View Post
Agree 1000%
The 235 is a stubby kinda car... that roof line is a bit high, and for those that have driven it, do you feel like you 'sit' inside the car kinda 'high'?

The windshiels is kinda high too, would have wanted BMW to push the windshield forward by 1-1.5 inches more than it currently is, then be able to tilt it back at a lower angle... ala 'cab forward' design that chrysler marketed in the 90's which basically Honda had for years before that, like the NSX... and thus the roofline could be lower by 1 inch... is all id be asking bmw for....

but my point, or question, the drop made by the spring install alone... which btw, for those of you that looked carefully and see the front drop is a tad more than the rear... I do agree after it was pointed out.

do you guys in this exploration, simply dont recommend swapping out springs without also swapping in shocks/struts matching the new springs then, if you care about ride quality degradation?

For me, if the roofline was 1 inch lower than present, i wouldnt fancy a spring drop, and the relatively large wheel well gaps with the stock rims, i'd just get larger rims / wider tires to 'fix' instead of lowering springs.

Larger rims and lower profile tires to do the 'fill in' job won't impact the ride quality as much as that 1 inch drop via springs (only) is this generally agreed?
Appreciate 0