View Single Post
      04-18-2024, 08:13 PM   #7900
beaups
Private
Rep
Drives: 23 F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrandt View Post
Without addressing your willful cognitive dissonance, touting 15% losses is a "convenient" deflect to work into every conversation that doesn't take into account wire gauge, how long the run from the panel to the EVSE is, which EVSE is being used, and if the car itself has smart warm-up/battery conditioning settings (which more and more do).

I don't even own an EV and I know better than to quote electrical/heat/efficiency losses as fact. Unless you'd like to talk about the efficiency of your V8.
No bad intentions here, I believed that 15% was generally considered to be typical in-home loss for charging, as indicated by popular (pro)EV sites. If I was trying to slant the math to make a point, I suppose I could have cited 30% + loss when the batteries are extremely cold. I assume you do know that "smart warm-up/battery conditioning" also uses energy. My point is simply that your $14 story is incorrect. And you appear to be well informed enough that it's not only incorrect, it's disingenuous.
Appreciate 1
eugenebmw1954.00