View Single Post
      02-09-2024, 12:18 PM   #3
barbuse
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXMarine72 View Post
I looked at both and I think you should jump on the M240I.

1. Newer more powerful engine that responds amazingly well to modifications
2. It already has a good number of M performance mods on it that appear to be tastefully done. It's a better looking car overall based on the photos IMO

Yes it has higher miles but the B58 engine is incredibly reliable. My car is almost at 105k miles and has been at least stage 2+ tuned for 60k of those miles. Now it has a much bigger turbo on it and never once have I had any kind of issue with it. As long as you keep up on your maintenance items and use quality oils and fuel it will serve you well for many years ( and be super fun !).
Thank you for your reply and for looking into it. Unfortunately this M240i got sold. Other options are quite a bit more expensive at the moment so we'll see. Honestly, I really like the look of this particular m235i, more than the m240i I would say.

Now my other option if I want the B58 in my budget would be to go for a M140i. But I'm not sure the added of the B58 is worth taking a 1-series over a 2-series for me. I mean, I do understand that the 40i are just better than the 35i but my point is: would the 35i not be good enough even if it's not the best?! Is it that much better?
Appreciate 0