View Single Post
      12-19-2023, 05:43 PM   #7
chatcher
Private
Rep
Drives: C6 ZR1 and E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmurf View Post
For a little more money, you could pick up a Quick Jack! You could lift the car on the quick jack and remove the wheels for heated storage (I'd put a jack stand on each side of the the quick jack for additional security that the hydraulics don't leak down). Without wheels, the car will be secure as it can be moved or driven away and you'll have a quick jack for doing maintenance in the summer time!
This is probably not a bad idea for most in my situation however my needs are a little different than just storage per say. I hate to let on to how much of a first world problem this is and it will probably come off as some sort of internet flex but I have a two post and a four post already a quick jack is just not needed. My problem is car placement. Right now the M2 is where I'd like another car to be sitting and then I can move another car where that one is now. In order to do that I would like to have the summer tires remain in the warmer garage where the car currently is. with a cheap set of disposable-ish wheels I could move the M2 to my other garage which isn't heated and it would be a tight squeeze once in place to get it up on jack stands or even switcth the wheels in place which is why I'd like to be able to drive it a bit with the junk wheels on it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
dtmurf486.00