05-26-2023, 07:52 PM   #15
Danil.m235i
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw m235i

Solution for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadn20owner View Post
Did anyone figure this out I am having the same issue with code 118001 and a intermediate cel. I’ve brought it to a bmw service advisor 2 times and they haven’t been able to figure it out. If there is no clear answer would you guys recommend Turning off this code with bm3?
I just had the same issue. heres what i did to fix it.
my mods are the dinan carbon intake, VRSF catless dp, and FMIC, BMS charge pipe and turbo inlet pipe, 1 step colder plugs gapped @ 0.02 and bm3 flex fuel kit.

I ran the car on the OTS stage 2 flexfuel map on map 2 for 91 octane, and got the mixture control code 11CF30. for lean condition. I messaged BM3 support and based on logs it was due to the carbon intake (due to it being a different design or something with airflow) car would only throw this at idle or startup. After getting an updated map sent over light did not come back on until I got the flex fuel kit and began running ethanol. My logs all looked great, great AFR and basically perfect STFT but car was just throwing that code regardless.

Solution:: When you go to your map settings (or configuration) BM3 has fairly recently added the option to selection which HPFP you are using. MAKE SURE IT IS SET TO OEM. Then reflash. along with other settings such as o2 sensor disabled if your catless etc. So if go through and make sure its set to OEM because since doing that the code hasn't returned in over 500+ miles.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0