View Single Post
      09-20-2022, 08:28 AM   #1
greatness
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: (F22) 2018 M240i

50 Years M Heritage Badge

I thought the M hertage badge would go well with the Estoril Blue, so I decided to swap out the emblem badges. As they weren't really meant for the F22, I did a bit of internet research and made the swap. It came out better than I expected- worth every penny!

Thanks a bunch to Evan@Tischer and the team at getbmwparts.com for the awesome help, and despite their busy schedules, taking the time to entertain "what if" questions about badge fitment. Your time is greatly appreciated.

Just in case anyone is looking to do something similar or use the parts as reference:
- our front badge is 83mm and the rear is 74mm.
- the front badge was (51148087189) for the F87 M2 (two guide holes). I used fishing line to remove the stock badge.
- the rear badge was (51148087196) for the G20 (two pins that go into grommets).
- the rear badge on the F22 had no adhesive, but the heritage badge comes with adhesive pre-applied.
- our rear badge comes out easily enough with a plastic trim tool and you can reuse the emblem grommet. I ordered two, and found out during the process that the emblem pops out with zero damage to the grommets, but I had ordered two already (51148209932).
Attached Images

Appreciate 5